Saturday, October 15, 2011

Re-purposed Washer Pendants

Another wonderful idea I got on pinterest.com (find me!) using washers to make pendants. so easy, so fun, and I've worn them many times already!

You need...

Scrapbook paper
Scissors
Mod Podge
Washers (4 pk or 3pk for $0.97 at Walmart)
Triple Thick Diamond Glaze ($1.99 at Michaels)
Beads (optional)
String of your choice (I bought hemp)


Ok,  now the fun part! (and easy part!)  Trace the washer onto your favorite scrapbook paper and cut out--you'll need a front and a back).  Now,  Mod Podge the paper to your washers and trim as necessary. Now, liberally apply the Triple Thick glaze to one side and let dry (about 12 hours--i know, so long when you are waiting on something!) Then,  flip over and glaze the other side (although I did not on the first 2 I made because I was too excited and just wanted to wear it! Once dry,  cut the cord, leather, hemp, string you chose to the length youd like,  giving a little extra room for tying off. Loop the string through the hole in the washer (youll be able to see how I did it in the picture to follow)  I then added a wooden bead,  sliding it all the way down to sit on top of the washer,  and knotted the end. And there you have it! A super cute necklace that costs only a dollar or 2 (well...depending on your string choice--i started with a $2.40 pack of string that I only got 2 necklaces out of,  but today bought a $4 ball of hemp that I should get good use out of!)  I also found today some Shell Pendants on sale at Michael's for $2.99 that the washers will fit inside of,  so Im going to try to pair a couple for a different look! Possibilities are endless! If you try some, please share with me!

Here are the pictures....


2 comments:

  1. Blog looks great Kristin, how's it going at the school working with the kids? still having fun?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, the end of 2018. I can't believe it's been this long. You probably won't ever read this again but I just want to say a few things....i'm sorry that I ever let you get involved with me. I knew the kind of person you were and I let you lose that for a while just being around me. You deserved better. I'm sorry for all the times I made you worry. My arrests, my long nights without calling, my long nights calling every 21 minutes...all that shit wasn't your problem. Lastly, I'm sorry I hurt your family. They trusted me to take care of you and protect you and all I did was put you in dangerous situation after another. Laying down next to me was the safest thing you could do and even that had its drawbacks. i'm sorry Kristen. You didn't deserve any of that. I wish I never met you, because now I can see what your life is like without me.

    ReplyDelete